Friends of the Library
We invite you to become a friend of the Sarah Lawrence College Library.
Friend's Privileges Include:
- Invitations to visiting author's programs
- Free members-only mini-courses by Sarah Lawrence faculty
- Borrowing privileges from the Library's holdings of 300,000 books
- Reference use of 1,000 English and foreign language periodicals
- Newsletter listing lectures, concerts and special events
Friends' membership fees are used to provide the Library with significant funds for acquisitions and archival support.
- Provided funds for the Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO)
- Provided funds for the Middle East Online: Arab-Israeli Relations 1917-1970, Middle East Online: Iraq 1914-1974, Nineteenth Century British Library Newspapers, and Nineteenth Century Masterfile
- Provided funds for the renovation of the main reading room.
- Provided funds for the repurposing of the lower courtyard.
- Celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Friends of the SLC Library with a reading by alumnus Richard Morais, author of the highly acclaimed 100 Foot Journey.
For a full list of our upcoming program of events, please click on the latest link below to get a copy of our newsletter.
- Winter 2014/2015 (pdf)
- Fall 2014 (pdf)
- Spring 2014 (pdf)
- Spring 2013 (pdf)
- Winter 2012/2013 (pdf)
- Fall 2012 (pdf) - Suplement material: Morais Event Event Poster & Amanda Foreman Event Poster
- Spring 2012 (pdf)
- Winter 2011/2012 (pdf)
- Fall 2011 (pdf)
To become a Friend of the Library:
- Email - Susan Gleason email@example.com - to have an application sent to you
- Download an application form (pdf) and mail it to the Library