Noise PolicyThe library is committed to providing an environment that is comfortable, inviting and conducive to study. To accommodate the preferences of a variety of users while providing a wide range of services, the library adheres to the following noise policy:
- The library is a quiet study area, and conversations must be kept to a minimum throughout the building.
- Patrons must set their cell phones to a non-audible signal, and no phone conversations are allowed.
- In the Circulation Desk area, normal conversational noise levels are permitted for library service purposes.
- Groups of two or three can use the study rooms on the top floor or the glass office near the snack bar for meetings. In addition, downstairs at the end of the periodicals, there is one conference room that can accommodate a larger group.
- Socializing is limited to the snack bar.
- Occasionally, College events are scheduled in the library and the noise levels may increase in the immediate area.
- Patrons should report noise situations to the Information Desk, and all library staff and student supervisors have the authority to intervene in these situations. Patrons who fail to comply may be asked to leave the building.