In keeping with Visual Resources’ mission to support the Sarah Lawrence College curriculum, faculty may submit image requests related to SLC courses. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate student course requests at this time.
Visual Resources processes faculty course driven image requests on a first come, first serve basis.
Processing 50 images or fewer takes approximately 3 weeks, but may take longer, under certain circumstances. If reasonable vendor sources for faculty requests are not available, then the VR will produce digital images in-house. Faculty must provide the sources for their images in slide or print format. On occasion, Visual Resources can process images ad hoc and assist with sourcing images.
If you are planning a new course or supplementing an existing one and expect to request a large number of images (100-300+ images) please consult with curatorial staff at least one semester in advance. Please bear in mind that it is the faculty member's responsibility to anticipate his or her needs.
- Submitted image requests cannot duplicate existing images in the collections (unless their quality is superior)
- Visual Resources does not digitize unidentified and/or personal materials
- All submitted requests must include the Creator Name, Work Title, and Date
- Foreign language submissions must be accompanied with an English translation
- Faculty materials submitted for digitization are not available for the duration of the processing time
- Visual Resources is not responsible for returning submitted library materials
- Patrons will be notified upon completion of their request
- Please see our Copyright policy pertaining to digital image acquisition on our Copyright and Acquisition page.
Digital image donations are accepted only at the discretion of curatorial staff and must meet Visual Resources Copyright and Acquisition guidelines. For more information contact Visual Resources curatorial staff by email, or call x2300.