Course Reserves Request
Faculty, place all reserve requests in MySLC and please remember to provide the reserve staff as much lead time as possible.
Research Assistants can fill out the reserve form in MySLC on your behalf. Please contact the Reserve Department to request access to your MySLC class page for your Research Asssitant(s).
If you have questions or concerns about placing an item on reserve, including reusing past reserve items, please contact us at: email@example.com or 914-395-2431.
How to place a reserve request:
- Login to MySLC http://my.slc.edu/
- Placing a request during the semester:
Find the courses you are currently teaching listed under the "Quick Links menu" on the left-hand side of the screen. Click the title of the course you wish to request reserve items.
Placing a request between semesters:
Scroll down to My Courses on the lower right hand side. Click the arrow to the right of "Current Courses" and click on "Future Courses." Locate the course you wish to request reserve items for and click it.
- On the landing page of your course site in MySLC, you will see a menu of links on the left hand side. Click the link labeled “Reserves and Handouts.”
- In the “Reserve Requests” box under Request New select either "Hard Copy Reserve" for books or videos or "Electronic Reserve" for materials to be scanned/posted to MySLC.
- Check off the correct course. If you do not see the title of the correct course listed, then write it in the box labeled “course not listed here.”
- Fill out the form and click the “Save” or “Save and Add Another” button to submit your request.
- Only fields with stars * next to them are required
- For e-reserves you must select “Book Portion” or “Journal Article”
- For hard copies, you only need to provide an ISBN or call number if a particular edition is required; otherwise just title and author is sufficient.
- “Title to identify on MySLC” is the title your students will find this reserve listed under on your MySLC page, so this should match the title on your syllabus.
- For “date needed by” please allow at least three business days for processing.
Contact us if you have any difficulties using the reserve form in MySLC.
If you would like to confirm that your request went through, or check the status of your request, click "View Reserve Requests" near the top of the MySLC reserve request form.
For more information on course reserves visit the Course Reserves page.