Personal Librarian for First-Year & Transfer Students
The Personal Librarian program at Sarah Lawrence College aims to help new students (first-years and transfers) become familiar and comfortable with the Library system.
Since 2012, several staff members of the SLC Library contact new students once per month during the school year via email with information about new databases or tools, events, changes in library hours, policies & procedures, etc. The participating librarians will also answer general Library questions from new students and direct them to the proper parties when they are unable to answer the questions.
- Send monthly email messages
- Answer basic library questions
- Direct students to the right people when there is a more in-depth question
- Inform students about changes in policies, hours, etc
Librarians will not:
- Set up/assist with computer problems
- Conduct research for students
- Make photocopies/prints for students
- Write papers for students