Reserves are materials that faculty ask the library to make available for their students.
Faculty, please place an item on reserve please by visiting the Course Reserve Request page.
Hard Copy Reserves
These are books, films and other items housed behind the circulation desk at the Esther Raushenbush Library. Circulation for these items range from 3 hours to 1 month.
Check out procedure:
- Find your class reserve page in the library by searching name, department, course number, term, notes or instructor name, or by browsing the list of courses.
- Note the call number of the item you want, and bring it to the library circulation desk to check out.
- Be aware of the shortened due date, as penalties for overdue reserve items are substantial. Most reserves circulate for three hours during the day, and overnight if checked out after 10:00 PM.
Click here to view hard copy reserves such as books, e-books, and DVDs in the library catalog.
These are eBooks, book chapters and journal articles that the library has posted on a course page in MySLC.
How to access Electronic Reserves:
- Logon to MySLC, go to Quick Links, My Courses, on the side of the screen.
- Click the title of the course.
- On the course page, click Reserves and Handouts on the menu on the left hand side. This will bring up the list of reserves.
- Click the title of the electronic reserve to open the file.
Click here to view electronic reserves on MySLC.
Reserves for Music faculty can be found in the Music Library.